The Purpose of Pentecost has Not changed from when YeHoVaH Commanded it and gave His Instructions for observing it! Man has changed the focus of Pentecost, NOT YeHoVaH. The purpose of Pentecost is ONLY revealed in the Torah.
The outpouring of the Holy Spirit is NOT a fulfillment of Pentecost. The Outpouring of the Holy Spirit is a fulfillment of Joel 2. The Outpouring of the Holy Spirit is a fulfillment of the promise of Father as stated by Yeshua in Acts 1.
The purpose of this Feast was to:
• Commemorate the completion of the wheat harvest.
• Remember being slaves in Egypt.
• Remember to follow YeHoVaH’s decrees.
• Rejoice for the blessings bestowed upon YeHoVaH’s people.
• Make the connection between the Firstfruits of Unleavened Bread and The Fiftieth Day.
• Celebrate the harvest and provisions of YeHoVaH.