Sanctifying The Firstborn
YeHoVaH said that Israel (the New Nation of Israel, not the man Israel) was His firstborn. To Sanctify is to set apart, to consecrate, to make holy. By sanctifying the firstborn, man has been given the ability to hallow or make holy that which has been given to him by YeHoVaH.
We are commanded to be Holy as YeHoVaH is Holy. To be holy, as YeHoVaH is Holy, requires observing those things that YeHoVaH made Holy.
- YeHoVaH Sanctified the seventh day, Sabbath.
- YeHoVaH instructed Moses to Sanctify His people.
- YeHoVaH instructed Moses to Sanctify His Priests.
- YeHoVaH instructed Moses to Sanctify His Tabernacle.
- YeHoVaH commanded His people to Sanctify themselves.
YeHoVaH made Covenant with man, beast, and the earth. Everything in relationship with the Creator of Heaven and Earth is expected to be Holy, for He is Holy!