Happy Halloween? Q & A
This teaching generated many questions from the saints pertaining to Halloween. The Q & A portion of the service provided additional insight all captured in this video. At the bottom of this page you can also check out related teachings.
HAPPY HALLOWEEN CONTENT HUB
On October 31 most urban and suburban streets will fill with trick-or-treaters knocking on doors looking to have their bags loaded up with sugary treats too munch on for the hours and days ahead. Much of society sees Halloween as a day of harmless fun for young and old alike. But is it? This teaching addresses:
- As believers and followers of Yeshua what should be our response to Halloween.
- How should believers in Messiah deal with Halloween on the job, in the marketplace and in our neighborhoods.
- Get the answers to these questions and more in this riveting message by Arthur Bailey!
EXCERPTS FROM THE VIDEO
- Halloween evolved out of a Catholic holiday called All Hallows Eve, which occurs the day before All Saints Day. All Saints Day was generally celebrated on November 1st after Pope Gregory changed it from its original date of May 13th. So Halloween was never a Christian holiday. It was the day before All Saints Day. In the Orthodox Church, All Saints Day continues to be celebrated in late spring on the first Sunday after Pentecost, which in turn is seven weeks after Easter.
- The Pilgrims banned the celebrating of Halloween in America because of its pagan roots. As a matter of fact, Halloween was not celebrated in America until 1845. And it is surrounded by the understanding that during this particular time, a large flood of Irish emigrants came to this country during the Potato Famine of 1845 -46. They brought with them the old Druid holiday of Halloween. Gradually, celebrating Halloween spread throughout the rest of the country.
- Halloween is a day witches celebrate. The Maine State Prison allowed members of a witch coven (the Coven of Dawn) to hold a two-hour service on the feast day they call Samhain [Halloween], after the Druidic festival of year’s end. And it was stated that “this is our time to give praise to our lord and lady for the bountiful harvest,” said the founder of the ‘goddess- oriented’ coven.
- The fact is, Halloween and all its practices are associated with witchcraft. The bulk of the world has been desensitized to witchcraft evidenced by record breaking sales from movies like the Harry Potter series and the Twilight series. Almost every young person on the planet has seen Twilight. What is Twilight about? Vampires, and sorcery, and witchcraft and yet it is one of the highest grossing series in America movie history. And in the movie industry, it is second only to Harry Potter. And think, that’s amazing that this Christian society has spent so much money, along with the Brits, watching vampires, sorcerers, and witchcraft on the big screen and eating it up.