In this POWERHOUSE teaching, Arthur revealed the benefits of Fasting and Prayer. Arthur made a convincing case for fasting becoming an intricate part of the lifestyle of all believers if they desire to operate in the POWER of the Holy Spirit. As evidence, Arthur discussed Old Testament and New Testament passages that described the powerful outcomes of fasting.
Sadly, manifesting the power of the Holy Spirit is lacking in the lives of believers today. Speaking as a witness, Arthur confirmed that a person can be filled with the Holy Spirit but neglect operating in the power of the Holy Spirit. This Fasting for Power Teaching is part of discovering how to get the power of the Holy Spirit to manifest in our lives. Arthur reminded us that the Scriptures have a lot to say about Fasting and Prayer and it was a part of the lifestyle of the Saints in the 1st century.
In Matthew Chapter 17, Yeshua’s disciples could not cast out an unclean spirit even though Yeshua had given them the power and authority to cast out spirits and heal the sick, which they had done. Yeshua confronted their unbelief which had diminished the power of the Holy Spirit. Arthur was quite serious when he said, “There are certain levels of the anointing of YeHoVaH that we will never obtain without fasting and prayer.”
Unbelief is the enemy of the believer. Don’t allow unbelief to live in your midst.
Arthur’s talking points for the message were:
- Fasting disciplines the soul.
- Fasting helps us overcome temptations.
- Fasting is a means of humbling the flesh or the carnal self.
- Fasting increases awareness of the Spirit by debasing the flesh.
- Fasting has many benefits: spiritual, physical, and more.
Types of Fasts
- Complete Fast
- Partial Fast
- Water Fast
- Daniel Fast
- The 7 days of Unleavened Bread
Benefits of Fasting
Health and Healing:
- Isaiah 58:8 Then shall thy light break forth as the morning, and thine health shall spring forth speedily: and thy righteousness shall go before thee; the glory of the LORD shall be thy reward.
- Isaiah 58:9 Then shalt thou call, and the LORD shall answer; thou shalt cry, and he shall say, Here I am. If thou take away from the midst of thee the yoke, the putting forth of the finger, and speaking vanity;
Guidance and Provision:
- Isaiah 58:11 And the LORD shall guide thee continually, and satisfy thy soul in drought, and make fat thy bones: and thou shalt be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water, whose waters fail not.
How to Start and End a Fast
- Eat light; don't overeat before you start fasting.
- Eat light when you break a fast; don't try to make up for the days without food
Challenges to Fasting
- First time fasting.
- Cooking for your family while you are fasting.
- Diabetics and other illnesses.
- Work schedules.
- Thinking that you can’t fast.
- Thinking you don’t have to fast since Jesus paid the price for you.
- Thinking that Jesus is in you and will never leave you.
- Any “ole excuse”.
When to Fast
- Fast for your personal well-being.
- Join a corporate or communal fast.
- Fast on Yom Kippur, the day of affliction.
- Fast for 7 days during the Feast of Unleavened Bread.
Throughout the message, Arthur included many points of wisdom. I implore you listen to the complete teaching to get a thorough understanding of how to Fast for Power. This is a life changing teaching. It is mandatory that we learn how to resist the temptations of the devil if we are going operate in the same power as Yeshua and the disciples.
One major area of temptation is the appetite. We must discipline ourselves so that we are NOT led by our stomach and are tempted to eat those things that tear us down physically, mentally, emotionally, and ultimately spiritually when we are led by the carnal man and not the spiritual man. Arthur said to ask the Father for help and strength, especially during the first two or three days of the fast. Those are the most difficult days. The fast from that point on becomes easier.
We began a communal fast at sundown Monday, May 21, 2018 until sundown Thursday, May 24, 2018.
Sharon’s Reflections on the Teaching
I need a Thesaurus to help me describe this Teaching because of the impact it CAN have on our lives!
Dynamic, Revolutionary, Activating, Compelling, Energizing,
Challenging, Stimulating, Provoking, Confronting, Purposeful …
I say “CAN” because we have to put feet to this teaching. This was a call to action teaching. We were all invited to Fast for Power! I WANT THE POWER. I NEED THE POWER. That desire overrode any thoughts of not being able to eat.
In fact, my flesh woman is a bit dominating and she needs to be put under control. She has me eating when I am full; thinking that somehow I need to eat that snack NOW as if there will never be another one like that. She lives on cravings and desires without sensibility.
She is going down this week!
Floyd and I decided, independently, to join the Corporate Fast. We also recognized the need to fast regularly as the 1st Century Saints did and as Arthur suggested. We have decided to fast weekly, sundown Thursday to sundown Friday. Even as I type this, the flesh woman wants to interject thoughts of treats at the Thursday Searching the Scriptures Services that I will be missing, especially when sundown comes early in the winter! However, I will be more than a conqueror! Not only will I fast, but I will develop a joy in seeing the self-control I will have developed and the power and authority given to me by YeHoVaH manifested in my life.It is approaching sundown and I am ready!
Remember that Fasting should always be accompanied by Prayer.
Make a Prayer List to keep you focused during this time of intense communion with Father YeHoVaH. Be sure to include:
- Asking for eyes to see and ears to hear His will for your life.
- Revelation of anything that hinders your faith walk.
- Strength and courage to always obey His will for your life.
- Spiritual blessings for loved ones, friends, co-workers, neighbors, etc.
- Physical and material blessings that you and others need; BE SPECIFIC!
May you be endowed with power from the Holy Spirit and see the manifestation of the Holy Spirit in your life!
Until next time… Blessings to You and Yours,