Ruby was a large, all white, Nubian goat that stood almost 4 feet high at the top of her head. She was a part of the herd of a mixture of goats we had on our farm in Morenci, Michigan. One day in early winter, without any symptoms, Ruby died. We all really missed Ruby because she was a sweet goat and loved to be petted.
I asked Floyd to please remove her from the pasture. He agreed. No more was said about Ruby’s disposition.
That winter was particularly cold and we had tons of snow. That might have been the winter that a neighbor plowed our driveway, and at our request, fashioned a fort for my children and their friends. I even got in on the snowball throwing.
Well, after a long winter, the snow finally melted. I decided to walk the property to see the crocuses, think about the flower and vegetable gardens I would plant, and just look over the green grass that I hadn’t see in months. As I passed by the raised garden on my right, I noticed out back, where we played baseball games, that there was a large mound. I wondered, “What in the world is that?” As I drew closer, the mound began to take the shape of an animal. I was really puzzled by what animal could have just dropped dead or been shot right in our yard. Then it hit me!! “Floyd!” “Floyd!!” “FLOYD!!!”
He had put Ruby in the field to come back and bury her, but the ground got hard and the snows came and he forgot!
What wisdom of man and religion have we learned that has gotten buried in our minds, but not removed by the truth? This teaching will help you to learn the truth with understanding so that we are not counted among those that hear and not understand, and see but not perceive.
Summary of the Teaching
Arthur starts off by saying that whatever your needs are, expect Yehovah to meet them. However, we have a vital part in that process.
"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall
be opened unto you." - Matthew 7:7 (KJV)
Don’t wait for Yehovah to find you! We seek Him by equipping ourselves with His word and obeying Him. How can we obey if we don’t really understand how to search His word for ourselves? Well, Arthur suggests the Discipleship and Leadership Programs, FREE online. As a graduate of both Courses, I highly recommend them to YOU in order to fulfill your commission to be a disciple and make disciples.
Arthur continues on the track of building up the body by addressing the fear of taking on an entrepreneurial mindset. He earnestly beseeches us to understand and BELIEVE that Yehovah has put in each one of us the ability to prosper and make our wealth. He reminds us that the Israelites were freed from Egyptian domination to be entrepreneurs, not to get jobs and work for the heathen nations.
Arthur starts the Romans 15 Part 2 teaching at full speed by cautioning us to pay close attention and not allow the enemy to triumph over us with his most used and quite effective tactic of Distraction!
There were so many issues and consequences that were put forth! I want to draw your attention to a few of them.
- Before the Torah was dictated to Moses, men and women of the Bible had the ability to hear from Elohim. Noah, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and even Moses heard instructions from Yehovah and followed Him. Can the written word sometimes be a hindrance to us?
- Before Paul started following Messiah, he had learned a vast amount of knowledge in Judaism that he later consider dung. He had to unlearn or lay down those man-made rules and regulations so that the truth he was learning would not be tainted. Are we filtering the truth through untruths that we learned in our past?
- The word Gentile has different meanings depending on the context in which it is used. In some situations, the Jews were Gentiles. Paul was a minister to the “nations”, including the nation of Israel. Was the definition of Gentile passed down to us like the Sunday Sabbath was passed down to us?
- Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob were not Israelites or Jews. Yehovah never established a religion of the Jews. The Patriarchs joined themselves to Yehovah, to believe His words and to obey His ways. Do we approach the Bible with a mindset of a preconceived ideology?
- The Tabernacle had a court for the Gentiles. In Isaiah, Yehovah says that His house shall be called a house of prayer for all people. Who are these people?
- Yeshua and Paul taught first by demonstrating the power of the Holy Spirit. Scripture says that signs and wonders will follow those that BELIEVE. What do we have to do to have the signs and wonders follow us?
You really must listen to this teaching to get the full scope of the message and of course to experience Arthur’s delivery that was fueled by the Holy Spirit.
Buzz on the Teaching
Several years ago I heard Arthur speaking about having an entrepreneurial mindset. I latched on to that idea very easily because I had my own Program Evaluation company before I semi-retired to homeschool my two children. However, I realized that I was saying things to them like, “I want you to do good in your studies so that you can get a good job.” I repented of implanting that employee-only mentality into their minds. It didn’t happen overnight, so I had to correct myself when I would mention “a good job.” Eventually, they caught on to the idea too. They are 18 and 19 and their aspirations are to have their own businesses. HalleluYAH!
During the Fellowship, there was a bit of talk about the pollen count going up and its effects on people. The first Sister Saint said, “I am expecting to get allergies now that the pollen is high.” The second Sister Saint and I jumped to rebuke what she said “like white on rice”! We did it in love and the first Sister Saint laughed at her misspeaking. A third Sister Saint was complaining of “her allergies”.
I reminded her that they were allergies that she is dealing with, but not her allergies. She laughed too and corrected herself. I have misspoken concerning other issues and have appreciated the immediate correction of the Saints when I don’t catch it myself. Our words have power and we must be aware of even the smallest of our utterances.
Until next time… Blessings to You and Yours,